Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Value of Personal Responsibility and Self Government

. . . sounds like a mouthful, but our Constellation Academy students are learning about the importance of taking responsibility for oneself through SELF-GOVERNMENT - being able to control one's own actions and make responsible choices.  One young scholar in our elementary class study of Little House in the Big Woods, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, was able to connect the dots - relating the lesson in the story to herself:

I am responsible for picking up my toys when I leave them out.  If I don't pick up my toys when I am done playing with them, I might trip on my ball and twist my ankle.  I might get punished and not finish my work on time and I will not have any fun after school.
by Olivia Born, age 7

Bravo on your critical thinking ahead - "cause to effect" - "action and consequences"!  Well done!

With ink in the pen . . .
Miss Kathy

No comments: